YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 8 :
Hello students , Almost every exam contains one general awareness/general knowledge section. General knowledge/general awareness has no end, but to improve it, we have to start it from a scratch Like previous ones, i have written some points which will help you a lot in cracking various exams for eg:- SSC, FCI, PO,CLERK AND MANY MORE. These points (general knowledge for competition) are very important as per exam.
It will take maximum 10 minutes to have a look on it (general knowledge for competition). Any questions and inquiries most welcome. Feel free to contact us.
CLICK HERE TO KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 8 (IMPORTANT POINTS)
- Seasonal changes on Earth’s surface are caused through Earth’s rotation.
- On Neptune sun rises in the west.
- Day and night on the surface of earth are caused by rotation of earth.
- In summer the region of the Arctic Circle is called as Land of midnight sun.
- Beyond 23.5 degree N & S the sun is never overhead at any time of the year.
- Beyond 60.5 degree latitude there is a continuous day of six months and night of six months .
- Longitudes unlike latitudes are not used for measuring distance because the length of degree of longitude outside the tropics vary widely.
- The linear distance of degree of latitude on an average is 69 miles.
ALSO SEE:- BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR (TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH)
- Places east of Greenwich see the Sun earlier.
- In Russia people have to adjust their watches maximum times to conform to the time zones.
- The international date line which is at 180° E, 12 hrs ahead of GMT.
- The international date line is not straight because it will lead confusion to of day and date in some of the island groups.
- The Earth revolves around the sun in an elliptical orbit at a speed of 18.5 KM/SEC.
ALSO SEE:- JOBS ALERT (GOVERNMENT JOBS VACANCIES)
- A leap year consist of 366 days.
- The Earth takes about 24 hrs to complete one rotation.
- Tropic of cancer lies at 23.5° north.
- Tropic of Capricorn lies at 23.5° south.
- Prime Meridian lies at 0° longitude.
- Copernicus Nicolaus was the first person who said that Earth is a sphere.
- The lengthiest shadow will be found in Vostok.
- The time required for light from the moon to reach the earth is less than 1 sec.
- The Asteroidal belt lies between Jupiter and Mars.
- When moon is nearest to the earth it is called Apogee.
- Gravitational pull on moon is 7 times less than that on Earth.
- The day and Night temperatures vary widely on moon.
- Venus planet experiences a day almost of the same duration as that of earth.
- The average distance of the sun from the Earth is 930 lakh miles.
- A peninsula is a piece of land surrounded by water on three sides.
SOME IMPORTANT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS:-
DO YOU KNOW?
‘Shock-absorbers’ are usually made of _____ as it has higher ______. (For answer “click here“)
The stars which show varying degrees of luminosity are called_________. (For answer “click here“)
What is noun,pronoun & its kinds, sentence, predicate? (For answer “click here“)
______ is the oldest international airline. (For answer “click here“)
The first speaker of Lok Sabha was _________. (For answer “click here“)
The ________ of India is the chairman of Rajya Sabha. (For answer “click here“)
In a food chain, the plants utilize only ____ of the solar energy. (For answer “click here“)
I hope you liked Reading YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 8 and might have learned something new from this
Please share your experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You for this Humble Act!.
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about all Famous Occasions, Events & Festivals History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes and many more.
If you like this Page, then feel free to share this information with/ within your family friends, Colleagues and relatives.