YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 8
Hello students , Almost every exam contains one general awareness/general knowledge section. General knowledge/general awareness has no end, but to improve it, we have to start it from a scratch Like previous ones, i have written some points which will help you a lot in cracking various exams for eg:- SSC, FCI, PO,CLERK AND MANY MORE. These points (general knowledge for competition) are very important as per exam.
It will take maximum 10 minutes to have a look on it (general knowledge for competition). Any questions and inquiries most welcome. Feel free to contact us.
YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 8 (IMPORTANT POINTS)
- Seasonal changes on Earth’s surface are caused through Earth’s rotation.
- On Neptune sun rises in the west.
- Day and night on the surface of earth are caused by rotation of earth.
- In summer the region of the Arctic Circle is called as Land of midnight sun.
- Beyond 23.5 degree N & S the sun is never overhead at any time of the year.
- Beyond 60.5 degree latitude there is a continuous day of six months and night of six months .
- Longitudes unlike latitudes are not used for measuring distance because the length of degree of longitude outside the tropics vary widely.
- The linear distance of degree of latitude on an average is 69 miles.
- Places east of Greenwich see the Sun earlier.
- In Russia people have to adjust their watches maximum times to conform to the time zones.
- The international date line which is at 180° E, 12 hrs ahead of GMT.
- The international date line is not straight because it will lead confusion to of day and date in some of the island groups.
- The Earth revolves around the sun in an elliptical orbit at a speed of 18.5 KM/SEC.
ALSO SEE:- JOBS ALERT (GOVERNMENT JOBS VACANCIES)
- A leap year consist of 366 days.
- The Earth takes about 24 hrs to complete one rotation.
- Tropic of cancer lies at 23.5° north.
- Tropic of Capricorn lies at 23.5° south.
- Prime Meridian lies at 0° longitude.
- Copernicus Nicolaus was the first person who said that Earth is a sphere.
- The lengthiest shadow will be found in Vostok.
- The time required for light from the moon to reach the earth is less than 1 sec.
- The Asteroidal belt lies between Jupiter and Mars.
- When moon is nearest to the earth it is called Apogee.
- Gravitational pull on moon is 7 times less than that on Earth.
- The day and Night temperatures vary widely on moon.
- Venus planet experiences a day almost of the same duration as that of earth.
- The average distance of the sun from the Earth is 930 lakh miles.
- A peninsula is a piece of land surrounded by water on three sides.
SOME IMPORTANT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS:-
DO YOU KNOW?
‘Shock-absorbers’ are usually made of _____ as it has higher ______. (For answer “click here“)
The stars which show varying degrees of luminosity are called_________. (For answer “click here“)
What is noun,pronoun & its kinds, sentence, predicate? (For answer “click here“)
______ is the oldest international airline. (For answer “click here“)
The first speaker of Lok Sabha was _________. (For answer “click here“)
The ________ of India is the chairman of Rajya Sabha. (For answer “click here“)
In a food chain, the plants utilize only ____ of the solar energy. (For answer “click here“)