YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE Geography) PART 13
Hello students/everyone , Almost every exam contains one general awareness/general knowledge section. Maximum students are afraid of this section. General knowledge/general awareness has no end, but to improve it we have to start it from a scratch Like previous ones, i have written some points (General Knowledge/General Awareness) which will help you a lot in cracking various exams for eg:- SSC, FCI, PO,CLERK , UPSC , IAS , STATE EXAMS AND MANY MORE. These points (general knowledge for competition) are very important as per exam point of view. For any special request feel free to contact us.
It will take maximum 10 minutes to have a look on it (general knowledge/general awareness for competition). Any questions and inquiries (General Knowledge/General Awareness) most welcome feel free to contact us.
YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 13:-
- Rocks with 65% silicon oxide are better termed as Silicic.
- Gnesis belongs to Metamorphic Rocks.
- The rock composed mainly of volcanic ash is called Tuff.
- Siltstone belongs to Argillaceous sediments.
- Red colouration in sedimentary rocks is because of presence of iron-oxide.
- When shale is metamorphosed it is transformed into Slate.
- Cinder cones are generally associated with Explosive type of eruption.
- Hornitos is small mound (rounded mass projecting above a surface) of spatter/driblet (Spray or splash of something).
- A subsidiary cone on the slopes of a vocano is known as Parasite cone.
- An isolated hill surrounded by a lava flow is called Steptoe.
- Magma is the combination of liquid , solid and gas.
- A violent volcanic explosion leaves a central depression called caldera.
- Juvenile water is the water is liberated as a result of igneous activitu ( Eg:- During crystallization of magma).
- The crust beneath the ocean the ocean basins is composed of basaltic rocks.
- The asthenosphere over which the lithosphere is floating is made up of Peridotite.
- Plateau is a tabular block.
- The red river situated in North America has very extensive lacustrine plain.
- The combined rigid portion of mantle and crust is called Lithosphere.
- Lacustrine plains are formed due to the filling of lakes.
- The bottom topography of a ocean can be shown by Hypsographic curve.
- A plateau produced by subsidence of a portion of earth’s crust , extensive sheets of lava over another , by formation of folded mountains is known as Tectonic Plateau.
- Rhine river in Europe flows through a rift valley between the fault blocks of the black forest and the Vosges.
- A Fault produced by rotational movement is called pivot fault.
- Tension is the main cause of Faulting.
- Africa is the continent which is having the largest rift valley of the world.
- Epeirogenic movements give rise to Shields.
- The Earthquake is said to be deep when the depth of origin is more than 300 km.
DON’T MISS :-HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
DON’T MISS:- BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR (TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH)
DON’T MISS :- GOVERNMENT JOB UPDATES