World Schizophrenia Day : World Schizophrenia Day is observed on May 24 with an aim to sensitize masses about the disorder associated with Schizophrenia as well as empower people about challenges which patients face.
Schizophrenia is a disease which concerns mental illness. As per World Health Organization, it affects over 21 million people across the world. It is referred to as a psychiatric condition where chemicals in certain parts of the brain are out of balance.
Due to the same, a person can be referred as ‘lost’ as there is not much coordination with emotions, thoughts and actions.
Schizophrenia may start between 15 and 28 which is often referred to as the phase of late adolescence or early adulthood.
The main objective of the day is to remove the myths along with superstitions which are associated with mental illness.
World Schizophrenia Day
The day is celebrated to honor Dr. Philippe Pinel from France who has played a pivotal role towards providing the best of humane care and treatment for those suffering with mental illness.
One of the most common symptoms of sufferers relates to confused state of mind, hallucinations and delusions. They may wander aimlessly, mumble or laugh to themselves. The facial looks may give a feeling that their mind is occupied somewhere else. Hence, they are certainly not in the right frame of mind.
The problem seems to occur more in men than women. The severity of disease can be seen more in men as their chance of recovery lessens.
Schizophrenia – Treatment and Management
The basic issue associated with Schizophrenia is that the only cure lies in how proper remedial steps to be undertaken so that it doesn’t aggravate further. Hence, the treatment works to provide relief as it actually doesn’t have a cure itself. Hence, treatment relates to counseling, antipsychotic medication along with coordinated special care. Considering the stigma associated with the disorder, it is important that the sufferer should receive timely medications and treatment. In the same process, sensitization should be done towards informing and educating people, so that the myth needs to be busted.
Schizophrenia magnitude and impact
- As per the data received from the World Health Organization which says over 20 million people across the world are affected by it. The associated person is considered to have considerable disability and affects occupational performance and education.
- They have a twice-thrice chance of dying early when compared with others.
- Mental health is an important phase which defines the overall functioning of the body. In other words, a human being can’t be healthy bodily wise without having sound mental health.
- It is becoming quite a serious mental health disorder which literally affects the patient’s life on a daily basis.
- People are wrongly under the impression that people suffering with schizophrenia have a dual personality, which is just a myth and has no actual relevance and significance. Patients of Schizophrenia only consist of just one personality.
How to observe the day
One needs to learn more about the day and the associated challenges which sufferers face, so that we can become more passionate and welcoming to them.
I hope you liked reading “World Schizophrenia Day” History, Facts, Schizophrenia – Treatment and Management, Schizophrenia magnitude and impact, How to observe the day? and found this beneficial. I hope you might have learned something new from this.
Please share your experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You for this Humble Act!.
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about all Famous Occasions, Events & Festivals History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes and many more.
If you like this Page, then feel free to share this information with/ within your family friends, Colleagues and relatives.