World Photography Day (19 August)
A photograph is not merely a photo but it reflects an experience, idea and captures the moments in a small image. It will not be wrong to say that a picture worth millions of words to describe the thoughts of the photographer. A photo can express a message or a feeling faster than the words too.
Though photographs are surpassing with every passing day yet you can still appreciate the moments captured in a photo from a century ago just the way it was visualized that time. Celebrating the abilities and announcements of the photographs bring the World Photography Day among us. If you want to gather some information about the day including its history or origin, then you can check the following paragraphs.
- History of world photography day
Do you know why world photography day is celebrated? If not, then you should know that it came into effect with the discovery of a daguerreotype that was a photographic processer. Two French men Louis Daguerre and Joseph Nicephore Niepce invented this device in 1837. Then came the day of 9 January 1839 when the French Academy of Sciences passed a proclamation regarding this device.
A few months passed and then the French government got the patents and they made another announcement on 19th August 1839 and said they have got Daguerreotype as a gift for the whole world. Since that day, we all celebrate art, craft, and science of photography on the world photography day.
- World’s first selfie
In the generation of the 21st century, we all take selfies every day and even a plethora of times a day. Have you ever thought who was the face behind the first selfie of the world? In the affirmative, you must know that the person was Robert Cornelius (an American Photo enthusiast) who captured the first selfie of the world in 1839.
He didn’t know that the world will name such a photo as a selfie. Typically, he set up his camera and removed the lens cap, then clicked the image by running into the frame quickly. He wrote on the back of the picture, “The first light Picture ever taken till 1839”. This is how we got the concept of selfies.
- How can we celebrate world photography day 2020?
There is nothing about world photography day that does not excite the people of the modern world because photography has emerged as an important part of our lives. It is not merely limited to the companies, institutions, or organizations, but every individual makes the most of it to express their views. Here are a few ways with which you can celebrate the world photography day with enthusiasm.
- If you are an individual, then showcase your love for photos by uploading your best on social media with influencing tags.
- If you are a photo enthusiast, then you can let people know about the facts and science about photography.
- In case you are a photographer by profession, then you can teach people how to capture the good moments through photographs. A free workshop on World Photography Day will be the best giveaway for your follows.
- If you run a company, then you can organize a photography contest where you can endow the winners with some exciting rewards.
- The last call is for the institute owners who can display the best pictures of the year on a wall with which you will boost the confidence of the young talent.
In short, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the day, but all you need to know is that World Photography day broadcasts the spirit of photography skills. Therefore, you must give it your best to keep the spirit continue and alive. If you want to know the details of any other special occasions. then you can check our other articles too.
Keep smiling & Enjoy reading World Photography Day.
Kindly share your wishes, experience and valuable suggestions with us by leaving a quick remark in the comment section below. it will be highly appreciated!
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about other days and dates History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes , Quotes , Ideas and many more.