WORLD ANIMAL DAY QUOTES AND SLOGANS
World Animal Day is celebrated on 4th October every year. This day was first celebrated in 24 March 1925 at The Sport Palace in Berlin, Germany and was supported by 5000+ attendants. In 1929 , World Animal Day was moved to 4 October, which is the feast day of Saint Francis of Assisi, patron saint of ecology. In there initial time this day was restricted to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Czechoslovakia. After constant efforts and working tirelessly on the promotion of World Animal Day, Finally, in May 1931 at a congress of the International Animal Protection Congress in Florence Italy, the proposal to make 4 October as World Animal Day , was unanimously accepted and adopted.
Here are some specially collected and specially written World Animal Day Quotes. I hope you will never want to miss this day without sharing your feelings.
Scroll down for Special World Animal Day Quotes and i am sure it will assist you in the right way as you have wanted it to be.
World Animal Day Quotes and Slogans
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” » Anatole France
- “Our task must be to free ourselves… by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.” » Albert Einstein
- “Shall we, because we walk on our hind feet, assume to ourselves only the privilege of imperishability?” » George Eliot
- “Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do other creatures.” » The Dalai Lama
- “Mankind’s true moral test, its fundamental test (which lies deeply buried from view), consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals. And in this respect mankind has suffered a fundamental debacle, a debacle so fundamental that all others stem from it.” » Milan Kundera
- “Animals are god’s creatures. He surrounds them with his providential care. By their mere existence they bless him and give him glory. Thus men owe them kindness.” » Catholic Church
- “Animals are not “property” or “things” but rather living organisms, subjects of a life, who are worthy of our compassion, respect, friendship, and support.” » Marc Bekoff
- “Animals are such agreeable friends — they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” » George Eliot
- “If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man. All things are connected.” » Chief Seattle of the Suwamish Tribe
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” » Charles M. Schulz
- “Animals are like little angels sent to earth to teach us how to love. They don’t get angry or play silly games. They are always there for us.” » Whitney Mandel
- “I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.” » Abraham Lincoln
- “Everyone’s pet is the most outstanding. This begets mutual blindness.” » Jean Cocteau
- “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” » Alfred A. Montapert
- “The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for white, or women created for men.” » Alice Walker
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” » John Muir
- “He could tell by the way animals walked that they were keeping time to some kind of music. Maybe it was the song in their own hearts that they walked to.” » Laura Adams Armer
- “You enter into a certain amount of madness when you marry a person with pets.” » Nora Ephron
- “Let us remember that animals are not mere resources for human consumption. They are splendid beings in their own right, who have evolved alongside us as co-inheritors of all the beauty and abundance of life on this planet” » Marc Bekoff
- “The scientific name for an animal that doesn’t either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.” » Michael Friedman
- “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” » Groucho Marx
- “The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.” » Robert Brault
- “If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”?James Herriot
- “You think those dogs will not be in heaven! I tell you they will be there long before any of us.” » Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Animals generally return the love you lavish on them by a swift bite in passing—not unlike friends and wives.” » Gerald Durrell
- “How it is that animals understand things I do not know, but it is certain that they do understand. Perhaps there is a language which is not made of words and everything in the world understands it. Perhaps there is a soul hidden in everything and it can always speak, without even making a sound, to another soul.” » Frances Hodgson Burnett
- “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” » Mark Twain
- “I don’t believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals.” » Gary “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.” » George Bernard Shaw
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” » Marilyn Monroe
- “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be –the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” » Farley Mowat
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” » Martin Buber
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” » Mahatma Gandhi
- “The indifference, callousness and contempt that so many people exhibit toward animals is evil first because it results in great suffering in animals, and second because it results in an incalculably great impoverishment of the human spirit.” » Ashley Montagu
- “Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” » A.A. Milne
Keep smiling and enjoy reading World Animal Day Quotes and Slogans.
Kindly share your wishes, experience and valuable suggestions with us by leaving a quick remark in the comment section below. it will be highly appreciated!
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about other days and dates History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes , Quotes , Ideas and many more.