RECIPROCAL PRONOUN AND UNIVERSAL PRONOUN
Reciprocal pronouns are used for two persons or for more than two persons. Here two or more subjects are acting in the same way towards the other.
1. Ram is beating Sham. Sham is beating Ram.
We will write this sentence as:- Ram and Sham are beating each other.
2. Ram and Sham love each other.
3. They cared for each other.
4. Three girls hate one another.
5. Students cannot see one another.
6. We gave each other presents on marriage.
7. We sent each other new year cards.
NOTE :- After reading some examples it is noticed that “each other” is used with one or two persons while “one another” is used when we talk about more than two persons.
But now a days both can be used for two or more than two persons or things.
- The six girls love each other. (CORRECT)
- The two boys hate one another. (CORRECT)
- Ram and Sham helped one another. (CORRECT)
Universal pronouns refer to an entire group or concept. There can refer to the subject or the object of a sentence.
They can be used as singular nouns or plural nouns.
Indicating singular nouns:- nobody, everyone, somebody, someone, anybody, each, etc
- Anybody has helped him.
- They gave everyone a free pass.
- Everybody loved song.
- Each of you should attend the conference.
- Nobody can go outside the class till the bell rings.
Indicating plural nouns:- all, both, some, many, etc
- All are intelligent.
- All are hardworking.
- All girls want to have a chocolate.
- Every citizen should stand against corruption.
- All were welcomed on my birthday party.
DON’T MISS :-HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
DO YOU KNOW?
WHAT IS NOUN?
FOR ANSWER(BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “WHAT IS A NOUN“
WHAT IS PRONOUN AND ITS TYPES?
FOR ANSWER(BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “PRONOUNS AND ITS TYPES“
WHAT IS SENTENCE AND PREDICATE?
FOR ANSWER (BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “SENTENCE, SUBJECT AND PREDICATE“
HOW TO IMPROVE OUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE?
FOR THIS “CLICK HERE“
WHAT IS DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUN?
FOR ANSWER (BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUNS“
WHAT IS INDEFINITE PRONOUN?
FOR ANSWER(BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “INDEFINITE PRONOUN“
WHAT IS POSSESSIVE PRONOUN?
FOR ANSWER(BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR) CLICK ON “POSSESSIVE PRONOUN“