National Anti Terrorism Day History & Quotes
National Anti Terrorism Day was celebrated on 21st of May every year to spread the awareness among the people about the danger of terrorism and violence as well as effect on the people, society and the country as a whole.
NATIONAL ANTI TERRORISM DAY HISTORY
The National Anti Terrorism Day was first celebrated on 21 May 1991. The main focus of this day is to wean away the people from terrorism and violence and also promote unity, peace and harmony across the nation. It was announced after the assassination of India’s seventh Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi as well as he was killed by terrorist in Tamil Nadu. Then that day was decided to celebrate 21st May as Anti Terrorism Day.
Rajiv Gandhi went to Sriperumbudur a place in Tamil Nadu to attend a rally where a woman, who was the member of Liberation of Tamil Tigers Eelam (LTTE) a terrorist group, came in front of him. She has explosives on her clothes, then suddenly bomb explosion took place who killed PM and approx 25 people on the rally.
Thus, Anti Terrorism Day expresses the anger on the 26/11 attack on Mumbai and show solidarity with humanity.
NATIONAL ANTI TERRORISM DAY QUOTES
The following are the interesting Quotes on National Anti Terrorism Day that includes:
- Terrorism is an enemy of humanity and has become a secret pus wound.
- It is a conspicuous threat on to peace and security, prosperity and people.
- Howard Zinn – “How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?”
- Malala Yousafzai – “With guns you can kill terrorists; with education you can kill terrorism.”
- George W. Bush – “One of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror.”
- John Perkins ? “I’ve never met anyone who wanted to be a terrorist. They are desperate people.”
- Jean Michel Rene Souche ? “Gun control is a very good regulation, especially for the terrorists.”
- John Ashcrott ? “There is no priority higher than the prevention of terrorism.”
- Christopher Lee Bollyn – “We have evidence of thermite. Osama bin Laden didn’t put termite in the buildings.”
- DaShanne Stokes – “Democracy doesn’t mean spreading terror.”
- DaShanne Stokes – “Terror doesn’t change people from gay to straight. It just hurts innocent people.”
- Steven Magee – “The organized domestic terrorism of the general public is why many people regard the police as corrupt.”
I hope you loved reading National Anti Terrorism Day History & Quotes .
Do share this with your friends and keep visiting justquikr.com for more educational updates in respect of upcoming days and dates.
You may share your wishes, experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You!.