International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development :
Regardless of the field, volunteering has always been a blessing for people as it encourages people to become helping hands for someone. Especially when we consider the situation of COVID-19, volunteers in the medical field, societal roles, and community have done a great job to save a plethora of lives that could not be saved merely by employees of the existing organizations. Even the media also paid credit to all those volunteers who helped their COVID-19 affected neighbors with the shopping of essentials, provided medical goods to needy people, managed the discipline by working as volunteer police or by various other means.
In the past too, there have been a lot of people who used to volunteer for being a helping hand to someone. To encourage their acts and promote their efforts contributing to economic and social development, the United Nations annually celebrates the (IVD) International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development on 5th December.
International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development
How do people celebrate IVD?
On the special day of International Volunteer day, The United Nations aims to elevate awareness among the government and the common populace regarding the importance of volunteer contributions. It stimulates people to make their services available as a volunteering act for needy ones both at their homes as well as abroad. Over the years, International Volunteer Day has been welcoming governments, organizations, businesses, individuals, and NGOs to contribute to the well-being of many with the assistance of the following activities.
- The governments conduct rallies, marches, and parades to promote the volunteer efforts among the populace.
- A lot of organizations celebrate the day with award ceremonies for the recognition of volunteer contributions.
- Some businesses conduct donation campaigns to involve people in taking the pledge to do good deeds for specific social development projects.
- The companies also launch volunteer programs as responsible for corporates those work for the welfare of the people.
- Also, volunteer competitions, community projects, and various other events are organized to promote the acts of goodness.
Apart from these, there are various other ways to celebrate the International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development.
UN’s goals regarding volunteering:
With the celebrations of the International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development, the UN wants to achieve the listed below goals.
- Eradication of poverty
- Achievement of primary education universally
- Women Empowerment
- Promotion of gender equality
- Reduction in child mortality rates
- Improvement of women’s maternal health
- Reversal of the spread of Malaria, HIV, and other diseases which have a strong network
- Sustainability in the environment
Though the day is a public holiday yet it is always celebrated as a global observance to mark the contributions of as many people as possible.
Theme 2020: #Together we can# #through volunteering#
It is spreading a message across the globe that we all can fight with COVID-199. All we need to get together and become volunteers to help each other. It is the real meaning of the celebrations of the International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development. Be a helping hand and donate smiles.
I hope you liked reading International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development History, Goals, Ways to Celebrate this Day and found this beneficial. i hope you might have learned something new from this.
Please share your experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You for this Humble Act!.
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about all Famous Occasions, Events & Festivals History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes and many more.
If you like this Page, then feel free to share this information with/ within your family friends, Colleagues and relatives.