International Day for Biological Diversity : The International Day for Biological Diversity is celebrated on May 22. Although the world has touched new heights in technology, yet the obvious and important mechanism for humans to depend on the ecosystem is naturally needed in all its glory. The aspect of ‘dependency’ can’t be sidelined or overlooked for creating a balanced ecosystem.
Biodiversity is a term which signifies the huge characteristic of life denoted with mother nature. It includes all sorts of living things which are present in the world such as plants, bacteria, humans and animals.
International Day for Biological Diversity
The United Nations General Assembly in the year 1993 gave the declaration on May 22 about the celebrations. People also remember it as ‘World Biodiversity Day.’
Every year there is a specific theme through which celebrations are based accordingly. For example, in 2021, the theme was ‘We’re part of the solution’. Such a theme is primarily chosen with an aim that biodiversity is the most obvious solution for addressing the challenges in sustainable development.
Biodiversity has such a pivotal role to play when it comes to maintaining a balance of Earth.
It can also be referred to as the most obvious way which directly relates to the happiness of humans. Nature has a variety of living creatures in the form of plants, fungi, animals, microorganisms such as bacteria which are a part of the natural world.
- All the species are intricately woven and work together in ecosystems, so that the desired balance and support can be achieved.
- If any specific specie faces extinction, then it may endanger others too, so before the situation gets alarming, remedial steps need to be taken
- Biological diversity resources act as the foundation of building civilization. However, there is an unfortunate phase which highlights the lurking danger due to its loss as it threatens everyone including the health.
- There is a proven aspect that biodiversity loss could transmit diseases from animals to humans. However, when things are balanced, then it creates a perfect ground to even fight against pandemics.
How do people observe the day?
Proper sensitization is needed which can effectively happen with the help of events which are organized around the world. The main theme of such events relates to telling the huge importance of biodiversity in our lives. The Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity hosts the event followed by various government organizations along with non-government organizations around the globe.
- Leaflets are distributed across the educational hubs along with print and electronic media
- To help natives get a good sense of educational resources, the content of booklets and leaflets along with educational resources is translated in local languages
- Specific focus is laid towards showcasing programs highlighting the importance of preserving endangered species or habitats
- The need to sensitize users about the importance of planting trees which aims to prevent erosion is addressed through events and programs
- Movies are a great artistic, creative and entertaining way of empowering users with relevant themes. Likewise, movies concerning environmental theme are aired on the day.
I hope you liked reading “International Day for Biological Diversity” History, Background, Significance, Facts, How do people observe the day? and found this beneficial. I hope you might have learned something new from this.
Please share your experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You for this Humble Act!.
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about all Famous Occasions, Events & Festivals History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes and many more.
If you like this Page, then feel free to share this information with/ within your family friends, Colleagues and relatives.