BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF LALA LAJPAT RAI : Lala Lajpat Rai was one of the most celebrated freedom fighters of India and was also known by the name Punjab Kesari. He earned the title of “Lion of Punjab” and “Punjab Kesari” through his zealous patriotism and ideology of nationalism. He was the member of the trio Lal Bal Pal, who commended the Swadeshi movement in India, in which all the imported goods were boycotted. The foundation of PNB (Punjab National Bank) was also initiated by him.
Birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai
Lala Lajpat Rai was born on 28 January 1865 in the state of five rivers, Punjab. He was born in a Jain family to Gulab Devi Agarwal and Munshi Radha Krishan Agrawal. His father used to teach in a government school. Rai attended his primary school in Rewari, situated in Punjab. His Hindu beliefs and liberal views were shaped by his religious mother and father. Later, he used these beliefs to transform the Indian policy and religion through journalistic writing and politics respectively.
Lajpat Rai attended the Government College in 1880, at Lahore to study Law. Here, he came in contact with future freedom fighters and patriots such as Pandit Guru Dutt and Lala Hans Raj. He was majorly influenced by Swami Dayanand Saraswati’s Hindu reformist movement and became a member of Arya Samaj Lahore, which was founded in 1877.
Rai and his father transferred to Rohtak in 1884, after the completion of Rai’s studies at Lahore. In 1886, he moved to Hisar along with his father and started practicing law. Lala Lajpat Rai along with Babu Churamani became the founding members of the Bar Council of Hisar. Lajpat Rai also founded the Hisar district branch of INC (Indian National Congress) in the same year along with three Tayal brothers, Babu Churamani, Seth Chhaju Ram Jat, Dev Raj Sandhir, and Arya Samaj Pandit Murari Lal.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT LALA LAJPAT RAI
- Animal Sciences in Hisar, Haryana and Rai University of Veterinary, both were named after Lala Lajpat Rai.
- Some of the books written by this great freedom fighter are Arya Samaj, England’s Debt, Young India, and The United States of America: A Hindu’s Impression.
- He played an important role as the founding member of present day PNB (Punjab National Bank) in 1894.
- He studied Law at Lahore and practiced it late in Hisar, Haryana.
- He also led a non-violent march against the Simon commission in 1928. During this movement, the slogan “Simen, go back!” became very famous.
- Lajpat Rai got injured during the police lathicharge while they were protesting against the Simon Commission. He died after suffering from a heart attack on 17 November, 1928.
- Rai also helped in the establishment of the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic school system, which is popularly called DAV schools. Currently, there are approximately 75 colleges and 900 DAV schools across India.
- Lajpat Rai is the founder of the Servants of the People Society, established in 1921. This was a non-profitable organization set up in Lahore. However, the society shifted to Delhi after the independence in 1947.
I hope you liked reading “Birth anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai and its interesting Facts” and found this beneficial. i hope you might have learned something new from this.
Please share your experience or any suggestion with us by leaving a quick comment below. Thank You for this Humble Act!.
Stay tuned with justquikr.com to know about all Famous Occasions, Events & Festivals History, Activities, Themes, Essay, Speeches , Wishes and many more.
If you like this Page, then feel free to share this information with/ within your family friends, Colleagues and relatives.