Hello students , Almost every exam contains one general awareness/general knowledge section. General knowledge/general awareness has no end, but to improve it we have to start it from a scratch Like previous ones, i have written some points (General Knowledge/General Awareness) which will help you a lot in cracking various exams for eg:- SSC, FCI, PO,CLERK AND MANY MORE. These points (general knowledge for competition) are very important as per exam point of view. For any special request feel free to contact us.
It will take maximum 10 minutes to have a look on it (general knowledge for competition). Any questions and inquiries (General Knowledge/General Awareness) most welcome feel free to contact us.
YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 9
- Latitude of a place is determined by Gnomon.
Gnomon:- The gnonom is the part of a sundial (Sundial is a device that shows the time of day by the position of the Sun) that produces the shadow.
- The sea of tranquility is located on Moon.
- A peninsula is piece of land which is surrounded by water on its three sides.
- Tapi is the river which is different in terms of the direction of flow.
- Isthmus is the narrow land that connects two larger land masses.
- Sahara desert is the biggest hot desert of the world.
- Strait is the narrow gate way that separates two pieces of land.
- Cape is the name for “land’s end” that is the tip of the last land and projects into the sea.
- Tributaries are the small rivers that flow into a large river.
- Luzon land belongs to Philippines.
- Lake and tank are both water enclosed but difference is that tank is man made.
- Palk strait separates India and Sri Lanka.
- The height of land on the map is expressed by spot heights.
- Torrid Zone is the region which lies between tropics of cancer and Capricorn.
- Cygnus X-1 is a binary star of a black hole.
DON’T MISS :-HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
DON’T MISS:- BASIC ENGLISH GRAMMAR (TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH)