YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 14
Hello students/everyone , Almost every exam contains one general awareness/general knowledge section. Maximum students are afraid of this section. General knowledge/general awareness has no end, but to improve it we have to start it from a scratch Like previous ones, i have written some points (General Knowledge/General Awareness) which will help you a lot in cracking various exams for eg:- SSC, FCI, PO,CLERK , UPSC , IAS , STATE EXAMS AND MANY MORE. These points (general knowledge for competition) are very important as per exam point of view. For any special request feel free to contact us.
It will take maximum 10 minutes to have a look on it (general knowledge/general awareness for competition). Any questions and inquiries (General Knowledge/General Awareness) most welcome feel free to contact us.
YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE) PART 14:-
- Diamond Harbour and Salt Lake city are situated in Kolkata.
- Biggest shipping canal in the world is Suez Canal.
- Japan is the country which has the highest percentage of its geographical area under forests.
- The mirror used by a dentist to examine the teeth of patients is Concave Mirror.
- Wireless communication is reflected to earth’s surface by Ionosphere.
- Sound above 80 db is considered hazardous noise pollution.
- Infrared radiations are used in the remote control of a television.
- The 100th Space Mission of ISRO was launched from Sriharikota (Andra Pradesh) in september 2012.
- The group of stars arranged in a definite pattern is called Constellation.
- The Small Rivers that flow into a large river are known as Tributaries.
- All the islands in deep ocean basins are Volcanic in origin.
- The steep mounds that do not emerge above the sea level as islands are called Seamounts.
- Height of land on map is expressed by Spot Heights.
- An elevation roughly circular or elliptical in plain, the top of which is comparatively smooth and generally deeper than hundred fathom is known as Guyot.
- The seismic focus of an earthquake is situated within the earth , below the epicenter.
- The internel forces responsible for earthquakes and eruption of volcanoes are called Diastrophic forces.
- The splitting of the Pangea took place in Carboniferous period.
- The term ‘Isostasy’ was coined by C.E. Dutton.
- The convection currents in the earth are generated by Disintegration of radioactive rocks.
DON’T MISS :-HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE