YOU MUST KNOW (GENERAL AWARENESS) PART 3
- Rihand dam project provides irrigation to Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- The Headquaters of MCF (Master Control Facility)- the nerve center of the entire space craft operations in india is at Hassan-Karnataka.
- Indira Gandhi Canal is the longest irrigation canal in India.
- In coriander , the useful parts are leaves and dried fruits.
- Amla is called “Herbal Indian Doctor”.
- The PH of human blood is 7.4 .
- Whale is the largest mammal.
- Second Incisor are modified as the tusk of elephant.
- Optical fibers are based on the phenomenon of Total Internal Reflection.
- ‘Mirage’ is the example of refraction and total internal reflection.
- The phenomenon of light associated with the appearance of blue color of the sky is Scattering.
- Lens is made up of Flint Glass.
- Sulphur is the element which is used for vulcanizing rubber.
- Borax is responsible for the extra strength of pyrex glass.
- The nobal gas used for the treatment of cancer is radon.
- ‘Loktak’ is a lake.
- The common tree species in Nilgiri Hills is Eucalyptus.
- Man Mohan Singh has been first Indian to visit siachen.
- Yakshagana is folk/tribal dance which is associated with Karnataka.
- Edward Jenner invented vaccination for “Small Pox”.
- Dadabhai Naoroji was the first Indian to become member of British Parliament.
- BT seed is associated with cotton.
- The Headquarters of International Atomic Energy Agency is in Vienna.
- For the election of president of India, a citizen should have completed the age of 35 years.
- The statement “A good citizen makes a good state and a bad citizen makes a bad state” is said by Aristotle.
- Bodh Gaya is the place where Buddha attained enlightenment.
- A member of parliament will lose his membership of parliament if he is continuously absent from Sessions for 60 days.
- In India , the residuary powers are vested with union government.
SOME IMPORTANT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS
Do You Know:-
__________ was the president of constituent assembly.(go to ‘GENERAL AWARENESS-PART 4‘)
Saliva helps in the digestion of _________.(go to ‘GENERAL AWARENESS-PART 4‘)
The longest bone in the human body is_________.(go to ‘GENERAL AWARENESS-PART 4‘)