WHAT IS COMMUNICATION?
- Communication means interaction.
- Communication means conveying some message to the people whether single or in group.
- Communication is very important tool in building ones personality and can bring attitudinal changes.
- Communication may be active or passive.
- The word communication is derived from Latin word “communes” which means common.
- Communication is transmission and interacting of ideas, facts, options, feelings & attitudes.
MEANING OF COMMUNICATION:-
- Communication is a process of linking the source with the receiver through message.
- The message may be verbal exchange of ideas between source and receiver or may be through communication media like
-Audio & video cassettes.
- Leagan’s Model:-
- Dhama and Bhatnagar (1989) :- “Communication is the process of social interaction i.e in a communication situation two or more individual interact.”
- Havland (1964):- It is a process by which an individual (the communicator) transmits usually verbal symbols to modify the behavior of other individual communicator.
- Shammon and Warren Weaver’s Model:-
- Wistly and Machean Model:-
SENDER—>ENCODES—>CHANNEL—>DECODER–>RECEIVER—>FEEDBACK—>SENDER (INITIAL STAGE)