PRONOUN , KINDS OF PRONOUN , PERSONAL PRONOUN
Pronouns and kinds of Pronouns in this chapter is discussed as follows.
PRONOUN:- Pronoun is a word which we use instead of a noun.
Pronouns and kinds of Pronouns:-
- PERSONAL PRONOUN
- REFLEXIVE AND EMPHATIC PRONOUN.
- DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUN.
- INDEFINITE PRONOUN.
- DISTRIBUTIVE PRONOUN.
- RELATIVE PRONOUN.
- INTERROGATIVE PRONOUN.
- POSSESSIVE PRONOUN.
- RECIPROCAL PRONOUN.
- UNIVERSAL PRONOUN.
Personal Pronouns in English Grammar :- Personal pronoun is that word which is used instead of the name of a person or person speaking.
For Example :1) Sham went to sleep because sham has fever.(Instead of this we should write)
Sham went to sleep because he has fever.
2) My aunt wrote me a letter.
3) They saw me in front of the museum.
- I,my, mine, me, our, us, we are personal pronouns of 1st person. (Person who is speaking)
- You , your, yours are personal pronouns of 2nd person. (person spoken to)
IMPORTANT NOTE*:- There are some possessive cases of personal pronouns which may take place of adjectives too.
My, our, your, her, their are possessive adjectives because they can be used both as a noun as well as adjective.
For ex:- This is my practical file. (here ‘my‘ is adjective)
That is my house.(here ‘my‘ is adjective)
Those are your chocolates.(here ‘your‘ is adjective)
- His is also used both as pronoun and adjective.
for ex:- This was his blanket.
This blanket was his.
This blanket is mine.
This blanket is hers.